Delivery & collection
Find out about our delivery options. Did you know delivery is free to a WHSmith store?
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does delivery cost and how long does it take?
- How do I get free delivery?
- Why are some delivery options not available for my order?
- Where do you deliver to?
- What do partner sites charge for delivery?
- How do I arrange delivery to a BFPO address?
- What is the store collection service?
- Where is my order?
- My question is not answered here. What do I do?
How much does delivery cost and how long does it take?
How long does delivery take?
In stock products are usually dispatched within 24 hours of your order. So the delivery time is determined by the delivery option you select.
If we need to get stock of a product before we can send it to you then you need to allow for the availability leadtime and delivery time.
We send each product as soon as we receive stock of it so we may split your order to get your items to you asap.
We show our estimate of how long it will take us to get the stock on the product page.
We offer 4 types of delivery for most of the products we sell:
- Free store delivery: takes 3-7 working days from dispatch
- Saver delivery to home: free for orders over £15 and takes 3-5 days from dispatch.
- First class delivery to home: takes 1-2 working days from dispatch
- Courier first class delivery to home: takes 1-2 working days from dispatch and needs to be signed for.
How much does delivery cost?
The delivery charge you pay depends upon the type of product you order and which delivery option you choose. Check the table for our delivery charges.
|Product Category||Delivery to Store||Saver Delivery - Free for orders over £15||First Class Delivery||First Class Courier|
|Stationery, Art & Craft, Photo Albums & Frames||Free||£2.99||£5.99||£7.99|
|Magazine Gift Packs||Free||£2.99||£5.99||£7.99|
|Gift Vouchers||not available||£2.99||£3.99||£5.99|
|Oversized items (eg. Filing Cabinets, Printers)||not available||not available||£6.99||£9.99|
|All other WHSmith.co.uk products||Free||£2.99||£5.99||£7.99|
If your order includes more than one product category the higher "per order" charge will apply. For instance a Book and a Stationery item delivered first class would be £5.99
How do I get free delivery?
Delivery is free for orders collected from our Stores and for Saver delivery orders over £15.
Store collection is available at any WHSmith High Street store. Your order is available 3-7 working days from dispatch.
Saver delivery to your address arrives in 3-5 working days from dispatch. We'll send each item as soon as we have stock of it.
Why are some delivery options not available for my order?
There are some restrictions on how we deliver and to where. This is partly due to how our suppliers work, and partly to combat fraud. The delivery options available for your order are shown in your basket.
Some variations to delivery options:
- WHSmith gift vouchers, National Book Tokens and Theatre Tokens can only be delivered to a home or work address.
- Store delivery is to WHSmith's UK High Street stores only. This excludes stores in airports, railway stations, motorway services, hospitals and workplaces
- Experience Gifts are only available with Saver delivery.
- Large items such as filing cabinets are not available for delivery to store.
- We can't deliver to any addresses outside the UK, although we can accept orders made overseas to be delivered to a UK address
Where do you deliver to?
WHSmith delivers to UK addresses. This means:
- England (including the Isle of Man, Isle of Wight and Isles of Scilly)
- Scotland (including the Orkney and Shetland Islands)
- Northern Ireland
- BFPO addresses (British Forces Post Office)
- any WHSmith high street store (not stores at airports and train stations, for example)
Your delivery will be sent to the delivery address you gave when you confirmed your order.
Although we don't deliver to addresses outside the UK, we can take orders from overseas to deliver to UK addresses.
What do partner sites charge for delivery?
Our partner sites such as FunkyPigeon.com have their own delivery charges so check their delivery information before you order.
How do I arrange delivery to a BFPO address?
To deliver orders to BFPO (British Forces Post Office) locations manually enter the address on the Delivery page in checkout. Postcode look-up will not find BFPO addresses.
What is the store collection service?
We deliver to our Stores at least once a week.
We will email you when we have sent your item(s) to Store for collection
Your items are then available for collection 2-3 working days later.
If you would like to call to check that the store has your item(s) you'll find the store's contact details here.
My question is not answered here. What do I do?
We may have the answer on another help page - you can check here.
Still need help? Contact our Customer Services team