Help

Delivery & collection

Find out about our delivery options. Did you know delivery is free to a WHSmith store?


Frequently Asked Questions


How much does delivery cost and how long does it take?

We offer free UK delivery for all orders over £20 and for delivery to a Store.

1st Class delivery service is available for most products for £3.99.

We send each product as soon as we receive stock of it so we may split your order to get your items to you asap.


How much does delivery cost?

The delivery charge you pay depends upon the type of product you order and which delivery option you choose. Check the table for our delivery charges.

Delivery type When will I get it? Charge
Saver In Stock* products are usually delivered in 3-6 working days £2.99 (or FREE for orders over £20)
1st Class** In Stock* products ordered by midday Monday-Friday are usually delivered the next day. £3.99
Store delivery We deliver to our High Street stores at least once each week. We email you when your item(s) are on their way. They are then available for collection 2-3 working days later. FREE

* If the product is not in stock with us we'll show the availability on individual product pages. It will take us this lead time to get the product from our supplier before we can send it to you. A product on "4-6 days" availability would take 7-12 days to arrive by Saver delivery (3+4 days to 6+6 days).

** Our 1st Class service is delivered by Royal Mail. They advise that 90% will arrive the following day, unfortunately the other 10% can take up to 3 days.

- Some products are not available for delivery by all delivery types - check the individual product page or see exclusions.


Back to top


How do I get free delivery?

Delivery is free for orders collected from our Stores and for Saver delivery orders over £20.

Store collection is available at any WHSmith High Street store. We deliver to our High Street stores at least once each week. We email you when your item(s) are on their way

Saver delivery to your address arrives in 3-6 working days for In Stock products. We'll send each item as soon as we have stock of it.


Back to top


Why are some delivery options not available for my order?

There are some restrictions on how we deliver and to where. This is partly due to how our suppliers work, and partly to combat fraud. The delivery options available for your order are shown in your basket.

Some variations to delivery options:

  • WHSmith gift vouchers, National Book Tokens and Theatre Tokens can only be delivered to a home or work address.
  • Store delivery is to WHSmith's UK High Street stores only. This excludes stores in airports, railway stations, motorway services, hospitals and workplaces
  • Experience Gifts are only available with Saver delivery.
  • Large items such as filing cabinets are not available for delivery to store.
  • We can't deliver to any addresses outside the UK, although we can accept orders made overseas to be delivered to a UK address

Back to top


Where do you deliver to?

WHSmith delivers to UK addresses. This means:

  • England (including the Isle of Man, Isle of Wight and Isles of Scilly)
  • Scotland (including the Orkney and Shetland Islands)
  • Wales
  • Northern Ireland
  • BFPO addresses (British Forces Post Office)
  • any WHSmith high street store (not stores at airports and train stations, for example)

Your delivery will be sent to the delivery address you gave when you confirmed your order.

Although we don't deliver to addresses outside the UK, we can take orders from overseas to deliver to UK addresses.


Back to top


What do partner sites charge for delivery?

Our partner sites such as FunkyPigeon.com have their own delivery charges so check their delivery information before you order.

See contact details for partner sites


Back to top


How do I arrange delivery to a BFPO address?

To deliver orders to BFPO (British Forces Post Office) locations manually enter the address on the Delivery page in checkout. Postcode look-up will not find BFPO addresses.


Back to top


What is the store collection service?

We deliver to our Stores at least once a week.

We will email you when we have sent your item(s) to Store for collection

Your items are then available for collection 2-3 working days later.

If you would like to call to check that the store has your item(s) you'll find the store's contact details here.


Back to top


My question is not answered here. What do I do?

We may have the answer on another help page - you can check here.

Still need help? Contact our Customer Services team


Back to top


Close