Delivery & collection
Find out about our delivery options. Did you know delivery is free to a WHSmith store?
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does delivery cost and how long does it take?
- How do I get free delivery?
- Why are some delivery options not available for my order?
- Where do you deliver to?
- What do partner sites charge for delivery?
- How do I arrange delivery to a BFPO address?
- What is the Click + Collect service?
- Where is my order?
- My question is not answered here. What do I do?
How much does delivery cost and how long does it take?
We offer free UK delivery for all orders over £20 and for delivery to a Store.
1st Class delivery service is available for most products for £3.99.
We send each product as soon as we receive stock of it so we may split your order to get your items to you asap.
How much does delivery cost?
The delivery charge you pay depends upon the type of product you order and which delivery option you choose. Check the table for our delivery charges.
|Delivery type||When will I get it?||Charge|
|Saver||In Stock* products are usually delivered in 3-6 working days||£2.99 (or FREE for orders over £20)|
|1st Class**||In Stock* products ordered by midday Monday-Friday are usually delivered the next day.||£3.99|
|Store delivery||In Stock* products are available for collection in 2-3 working days. We will email you when your order is ready to collect.||FREE|
* If the product is not in stock with us we'll show the availability on individual product pages. It will take us this lead time to get the product from our supplier before we can send it to you. A product on "4-6 days" availability would take 7-12 days to arrive by Saver delivery (3+4 days to 6+6 days).
** 90% of our 1st class service will arrive the following day, unfortunately the other 10% can take up to 3 days
- Some products are not available for delivery by all delivery types - check the individual product page or see exclusions.
How do I get free delivery?
Delivery is free for orders collected from our Stores and for Saver delivery orders over £20.
Store collection is available at any WHSmith High Street store. In Stock products are available for collection in 2-3 working days. We will email you when your order is ready to collect.
Saver delivery to your address arrives in 3-6 working days for In Stock products. We'll send each item as soon as we have stock of it.
Why are some delivery options not available for my order?
There are some restrictions on how we deliver and to where. This is partly due to how our suppliers work, and partly to combat fraud. The delivery options available for your order are shown in your basket.
Some variations to delivery options:
- WHSmith gift vouchers, National Book Tokens and Theatre Tokens can only be delivered to a home or work address.
- Store delivery is to WHSmith's UK High Street stores only. This excludes stores in airports, railway stations, motorway services, hospitals and workplaces
- Experience Gifts are only available with Saver delivery.
- Large items such as filing cabinets are not available for delivery to store.
- We can't deliver to any addresses outside the UK, although we can accept orders made overseas to be delivered to a UK address
Where do you deliver to?
WHSmith delivers to UK addresses. This means:
- England (including the Isle of Man, Isle of Wight and Isles of Scilly)
- Scotland (including the Orkney and Shetland Islands)
- Northern Ireland
- BFPO addresses (British Forces Post Office)
- any WHSmith high street store (not stores at airports and train stations, for example)
Your delivery will be sent to the delivery address you gave when you confirmed your order.
Although we don't deliver to addresses outside the UK, we can take orders from overseas to deliver to UK addresses.
What do partner sites charge for delivery?
Our partner sites such as FunkyPigeon.com have their own delivery charges so check their delivery information before you order.
How do I arrange delivery to a BFPO address?
To deliver orders to BFPO (British Forces Post Office) locations manually enter the address on the Delivery page in checkout. Postcode look-up will not find BFPO addresses.
What is the Click + Collect Service?
Most of the products we offer online are available to Click + Collect. You can collect orders from our 600 High Street stores in the UK plus selected railway stations and hospitals.
Products which are In Stock in our online warehouses are available for collection in 2-3 working days. You’ll see the availability on the Individual product pages
Please note – The last order dates for In Stock products to be collected from our Stores in time for Christmas is 7pm on Thursday 17th December
Click+Collect is simple:
1. Select Store Delivery on the basket page
2. Go to checkout and select your Store. Complete checkout.
3. Visit the store - the Click+Collect sign will guide you to the where you can collect your order
- Please bring along your order dispatch or collection notification emails. If you have a smartphone show us the email on your phone.
My question is not answered here. What do I do?
We may have the answer on another help page - you can check here.
Still need help? Contact our Customer Services team