Where is my order?
As soon as each item is sent to you we'll email you.
If you created an account with us you can view order information in My Orders. You may be prompted to sign-in.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I track my order?
- When will my order arrive?
- It looks like my order has not been sent yet. Why is this?
- I have received some of the items I ordered. Where are the rest?
- I think my order has been lost in the post. What do I do?
- Is my order ready for collection from Store?
- I was out when the courier tried to deliver my order. What do I do?
- I ordered from another WHSmith site (such as Magazine Subscriptions). Where is it?
- My question is not answered here. What do I do?
How can I track my order?
We send emails to confirm your order has been placed and when we send each item to you.
If you chose to create an account when you checked-out you can track the progress of your order in My Orders
You will see an order status which lets you know what stage your order is at.
To see the status of each item in an order click on VIEW.
Status of products in your order
Each item in your order will move through the following statuses on its way to you:
- On order - We have received your order and it's being processed
- In progress - We have stock of your product and your order is in the process of being picked and passed to our carrier.
- Dispatched - Your order is in the post and on its way to you or for store collection
Other item statuses you may see are:
- In store awaiting collection - orders delivered to store will see this status
- Cancelled - You or we have cancelled your order, or an item within your order. You will have received an email to confirm this and the reason for the cancellation
When will my order arrive?
The time before you receive your items depends upon how long it takes us to get stock of the item and how long it takes to deliver it to you.
We send each item as soon as it is available. IN STOCK items are usually dispatched within 24 hours from when you placed your order.
On the product page you will see whether the product is IN STOCK or we have estimated the time it will take us to get stock of the product.
The time from dispatch until it arrives with you depends upon the delivery method you selected. Check this table for delivery times:
|Delivery Option||Delivery Time
Time from dispatch until it arrives with you
|Saver delivery to home||3-5 working days from when we email to say we've sent your item(s).*|
|First class delivery to home||1-2 working days from when we email to say we've sent your item(s).*|
|Courier first class delivery to home||1-2 working days from when we email to say we've sent your item(s).*|
|Store delivery||3-7 working days from when we email to say we've sent your item(s).*
- Books If you ordered before 7pm on Tuesday, your book(s) should be ready to collect on Friday.
- Stationery, gifts, electronics or magazines Find out when your order should be ready to collect in store on this schedule(PDF file)
(Working days are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.00pm.)
* If you live in the Highlands or Islands, please allow an extra couple of days.
It looks like my order has not been sent yet. Why is this?
If we have sent your item(s) to you we will have sent you a dispatch email.
We do not hold stock of all the products we sell. For products that are not in stock we estimate when we will next receive stock of these lines - we show this estimated availability on the product pages.
Our availability estimates are based on our experience of getting stock from that supplier. In some cases it may take us longer to get stock. For instance, Books can be delayed whilst the publisher decides whether to reprint it.
I have received some of the items I ordered. Where are the rest?
We send each item within 24 hours of it being in stock with us. Therefore, you may receive items you ordered in more than one parcel. For instance, if you ordered 10 units of a product and we have 2 in stock - we'll send you 2 and send the other 8 when we get the stock from our supplier.
If you have an account with us check the progress of the other items in My Orders.
If we have split your order you'll only pay the delivery charge stated when you placed your order.
I think my order has been lost in the post. What do I do?
Please allow 10 working days for your item(s) to arrive from the day we sent you a dispatch email (we can chase your order with our carriers after this period). If it has not arrived after 10 working days, email Customer Services with your order number.
Is my order ready for collection from Store?
We will email you when we have sent your item(s) to Store for collection
Your items are then available for collection 2-3 working days later.
We deliver Books to our Stores once a week. Therefore, if you ordered before 7pm on Tuesday, your book(s) should be ready to collect on Friday.
We deliver our other products (including Stationery, Gifts, Electronics) to our Stores at least once a week. You can find out when your order will be ready to collect from this schedule (PDF file)
If you would like to call to check that the store has your item(s) you'll find the store's contact details here.
I was out when the courier tried to deliver my order. What do I do?
We deliver orders by several different postal services.
High value orders will need a signature when they are delivered to a home or work address.
Many of our couriers will make several attempts to deliver a package. If you're not in, they should leave a card to tell you where they have left the parcel (potentially with a neighbour or in the porch) or to provide details of how to contact them to rearrange the delivery.
If a delivery card states that the parcel has been left but you cannot find it the quickest way to resolve the issue is to contact the details on the card. If there are no contact details on the card contact us.
If a package can't be delivered, it will be returned to us. We'll refund the payment onto the card you paid with. We'll let you know if a package has been returned to us and you can make a new order if you wish to.
I ordered from another WHSmith site (such as Magazine Subscriptions). Where is it?
If you ordered with one of our partner websites please contact them directly to chase your order. A list of our partner websites and their contact details can be found here.
My question is not answered here. What do I do?
We may have the answer on another help page - you can check here.
Still need help? Contact our Customer Services team.