Return & refund?
Before it's ready to send out, you can change an order by logging into My Account.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I bought from a WHSmith Store. What is the returns, exchange and refund policy?
- I ordered online from WHSmith.co.uk. What is the returns, exchange and refund policy?
- How do I return items for a refund?
- How long have I got to return an item?
- Which stores can I return items to?
- I have received and incorrect or damaged item. What do I do?
- I want an exchange rather than a refund. What do I do?
- Which products are excluded from the returns policy?
- I ordered from another website (such as Funky Pigeon)
- My question is not answered here. What do I do?
I bought from a WHSmith Store. What is the returns, exchange and refund policy?
Bought something from a store and need to return it? Bring it into any WHSmith store - within 30 days of receipt.
This is in addition to your statutory rights.
I ordered online from WHSmith.co.uk. What is the returns, exchange and refund policy?
Our returns, refunds and exchanges policy for items ordered online are covered in our terms and conditions.
How do I return items for a refund?
Within 30 Calendar days of receipt you can either return items to WHSmith high street stores or by post.
Bring the item to any WHSmith high street store along with your order dispatch email. Refunds are made onto your card, not in cash. PayPal payments are refunded to your payment card.
Or post the item back to us at the address printed on the delivery note included with your order.
For items returned by post:
- The items must be in the original condition and packaging with any security seals intact
- Repackage the products securely and send to the address above
- Include the reason for the return, the invoice number and your email address or telephone number.
How long have I got to return an item?
You have 30 Calendar days after delivery to request a refund. Refunded items should be returned to us as soon as reasonably possible.
Which stores can I return items to?
You can return items ordered from WHSmith.co.uk to any WHSmith high street store. This excludes WHSmith concessions and Stores in airports, railway stations, motorway services and outside the UK.
Find stores and check opening times (click through to store information page to check that the store accepts returns)
I have received an incorrect or damaged item. What do I do?
If the item is not working, refer to any warranty information relating to it. It may be quicker for you to get a replacement product direct from the manufacturer rather than by returning it to us.
Request a refund within 14 working days after the item was delivered. Return it to us within 14 days of receipt for a full refund or exchange. Keep any warranty information.
If you are sending something back that's faulty or incorrect due to our error we'll refund your postage costs to the card you paid with.
I want an exchange rather than a refund. What do I do?
We ask you to place a new order for the item. We'll refund you for the original item and then charge you for the replacement when we're ready to send it out.
Which products are excluded from the returns policy?
You cannot return an order for:
- periodical(s) or magazine(s)
- digital products such as CDs, DVDs, or computer software where the holographic seal and/or shrink-wrap has been unsealed.
- products made to your specification i.e. personalised
- perishable goods
- magazine gift pack and experience gift packs which have been activated.
... unless the product is incorrect, faulty or defective.
I ordered from another website (such as Funky Pigeon). What is their returns policy?
Partner sites include Kobo eBooks, Funky Pigeon and WHSmith Legal Forms Find a full list of partners here.
Each partner site has its own refunds and returns policy and you need to return any items directly to them. We can't accept returns at WHSmith stores.
My question is not answered here. What do I do?
We may have the answer on another help page - you can check here.
Still need help? Contact our Customer Services team.