This revised and updated version of An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs provides accessible, concisely written entries on the most important current issues in the Middle East, combining maps with their geopolitical background. Offering a clear context for analysis of key concerns, it includes background topics, the position of the Middle East in the world and profiles of the constituent countries.
- Clearly and thematically organised sections covering the continuing importance of the Middle East, the background, fundamental concerns, the states and the crucial issues related to the area.
- Original maps integrated into the text, placing international issues and conflicts in their geographical contexts.
- Case studies and detailed analysis of each country, complete with relevant statistics and key facts.
- Coverage of fundamental considerations, such as:
- water shortage
- the petroleum industry
- conflicts and boundary issues
- A comprehensive further reading section, enabling students to cover the topic in more depth.
Updated to include recent developments such as the "Arab Spring," this book is a valuable introduction to undergraduate students of political science and Middle East studies and is designed as a primary teaching aid for courses related to the Middle East in the areas of politics, history, geography, economics and military studies. This book is also an outstanding reference source for libraries and anyone interested in these fields.
Other FormatsView more
Create a review
- publication date: 04/12/2013
- ID: 9781136648618
- book language: en
- publisher: Taylor and Francis
- publisher imprint: Routledge
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo