Becoming a Translator An Introduction to the Theory and Practice of TranslationBy: Douglas Robinson (author), Douglas Robinson (author), Douglas Robinson (author), Douglas Robinson (author), Douglas Robinson (author), Douglas Robinson (author), Douglas Robinson (author), Douglas Robinson (author), Douglas Robinson (author)eBook
Fusing theory with advice and information about the practicalities of translating, Becoming a Translator is the essential resource for novice and practicing translators. The book explains how the market works, helps translators learn how to translate faster and more accurately, as well as providing invaluable advice and tips about how to deal with potential problems, such as stress.
The third edition has been revised and updated throughout, offering:
- extensive up-to-date information about new translation technologies
- discussions of the emerging "sociological" and "activist" turns in translation studies
- new exercises and examples
- updated further reading sections
- a website containing a teacher’s guide, the chapter ‘The Translator as Learner’ and additional resources for translators
Offering suggestions for discussion, activities, and hints for the teaching of translation, the third edition of Becoming a Translator remains invaluable for students and teachers of Translation Studies, as well as those working in the field of translation.
Other FormatsView more
This product has yet to be reviewed.
Create a review
- publication date: 12/10/2012
- ID: 9781136267093
- book language: en
- publisher: Taylor and Francis
- publisher imprint: Routledge
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo