DescriptionWith the amount of data a business accumulates now doubling every 12 to 18 months, IT professionals need to know how to develop a system for archiving important database data, in a way that both satisfies regulatory requirements and is durable and secure. This important and timely new book explains how to solve these challenges without compromising the operation of current systems. It shows how to do all this as part of a standardized archival process that requires modest contributions from team members throughout an organization, rather than the superhuman effort of a dedicated team.
* Exhaustively considers the diverse set of issues—legal, technological, and financial—affecting organizations faced with major database archiving requirements.
* Shows how to design and implement a database archival process that is integral to existing procedures and systems.
* Explores the role of players at every level of the organization—in terms of the skills they need and the contributions they can make.
* Presents its ideas from a vendor-neutral perspective that can benefit any organization, regardless of its current technological investments.
* Provides detailed information on building the business case for all types of archiving projects
Other FormatsView more
Create a review
- publication date: 28/07/2010
- ID: 9780080884424
- series: The MK/OMG Press
- book language: en
- publisher: Elsevier Science
- publisher imprint: Morgan Kaufmann
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo