This book is a simple yet thorough introduction to Q methodology, a research technique designed to capture the subjective or first-person viewpoints of its participants. Watts and Stenner outline the key theoretical concepts developed by William Stephenson, the founder of Q methodology, including subjectivity, concourse theory and abduction. They then turn to the practicalities of delivering high quality Q methodological research.
Using worked examples throughout, the reader is guided through:
• important design issues
• the conduct of fieldwork
• all the analytic processes of Q methodology, including factor extraction, factor rotation and factor interpretation.
Drawing on helpful conceptual introductions to potentially difficult statistical concepts and a step-by-step guide to running Q methodological analyses using dedicated software, this book enables interested readers to design, manage, analyse, interpret and publish their own Q methodological research.
Other FormatsView more
This product has yet to be reviewed.
Create a review
- publication date: 04/11/2013
- ID: 9781446290705
- book language: en
- publisher: SAGE Publications
- publisher imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo