From the ruins of the ancient seaside city of Acco, to the small but archaeologically important town of Yokneam, Fifty Major Cities of the Bible provides readers with a comprehensive guide to the ancient cities that played a vital role in the world from which the Bible originated.
Not only covering renowned cities such as Jerusalem and Jericho, the book also includes lesser known towns like Aroer, Beth-Zur and Gibeah, which have all provided their own valuable contributions to the way in which we now understand the biblical world.
A fascinating, easy-to-follow text, key features include:
* the biblical context of each city or town
* a summary of its known archeological history
* non-biblical references to the site
* photographs and illustrations
* a concise bibliography for further reading
Also provided is a handy reference map to the major archaeological sites in Israel, as well as chronological tables for easy reference.
Concise, informative and high accessible, Fifty Major Cities of the Bible is a superb overview of the cities and towns that made up the Biblical world, and an essential resource for students and enthusiasts.
Other FormatsView more
Create a review
- publication date: 07/05/2007
- ID: 9781134595310
- series: Routledge Key Guides
- book language: en
- publisher: Taylor and Francis
- publisher imprint: Routledge
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo