DescriptionBased on a conference held in honor of Professor Tarow Indow, this volume is organized into three major topics concerning the use of geometry in perception:
* space -- referring to attempts to represent the subjective space within which we locate ourselves and perceive objects to reside;
* color -- dealing with attempts to represent the structure of color percepts as revealed by various experimental procedures; and
* scaling -- focusing on the organization of various bodies of data -- in this case perceptual -- through scaling techniques, primarily multidimensional ones.
These topics provide a natural organization of the work in the field, as well as one that corresponds to the major aspects of Indow's contributions. This book's goal is to provide the reader with an overview of the issues in each of the areas, and to present current results from the laboratories of leading researchers in these areas.
Create a review
- publication date: 13/05/2013
- ID: 9781134789535
- book language: en
- publisher: Taylor and Francis
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo