DescriptionAssuming no prior knowledge, this entry level guide aims to inspire novices of all ages to give sailing a try. Conveying the fun, accessibility and exhilaration of sailing, it covers everything the beginner needs to learn about, whether they are young, middle aged or taking up sailing as a family.
- How to get started
- Where (and how) to find a club
- Choosing the right type of boat
- The differences between cruising and racing a dinghy
- Learning to sail
- Trolleying, trailing, launching and recovery
- and much, much more
Colour photographs illustrate each section.
Also included is a DVD featuring the authors demonstrating what they've described in the book, which should inspire newcomers by showing them that they too can learn how to sail a dinghy even if they've never been on the water before.
Other FormatsView more
Create a review
- publication date: 24/05/2012
- ID: 9781408159156
- book language: en
- publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing
- publisher imprint: Adlard Coles
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo