DescriptionAre you your own greatest critic? Do you have low self-esteem? Have you ever thought that if people knew the real you, that they would think less of you? Does life feel an uphill struggle because nobody - not even you - is truly on your side? If any of this sounds familiar, it is time to take a fresh look at the most important relationship of all:
your relationship with yourself.
In this thought-provoking book, marital therapist Andrew G Marshall looks at how to love yourself enough to make better relationships and how to stop zig-zagging between boosting yourself up (often to unsustainable heights) and becoming overly critical. He explains:
- Why modern life is making it harder to have a balanced opinion of ourselves.
- The types of thinking that sabotage and make life harder.
- Why old pains can still cast a shadow today and how to make peace with your past.
- How to develop a positive mind-set.
- Increasing your self-confidence.
(Some of the exercises in this book have appeared in The Single Trap by Andrew G. Marshall, published by Bloomsbury)
Create a review
- publication date: 07/02/2011
- ID: 9781408811016
- book language: en
- publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing
- publisher imprint: Bloomsbury Publishing
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo