'What a super book! It is absolutely packed with practical ideas and activities to help you love maths, and love teaching and/or learning it. It certainly helps to develop an enthusiasm for a subject most adults tend to say "I'm no good at..."'
- Early Years Educator
‘A wonderful book, packed with practical ideas and activities to help all students love maths.’
- Jo Boaler, Professor of Mathematics Education, Stanford University
Contemporary approaches to developing essential mathematical learning for young children are explored, including:
- play, practical activities and talk for mathematics
- outdoor learning
- understanding pattern
- counting, calculation and place value
- measures and shape
- problem solving and representing mathematics
- working with parents.
Written for both trainees and practitioners working with children aged 0 to 8 years, including those studying for Early Years and Early Childhood degrees and those on Primary PGCE and Primary Education courses, this book offers mathematical subject knowledge and teaching ideas in one volume.
Helen Taylor is Course Leader of PGCE Primary Part-time Mathematics at Canterbury Christ Church University.
Andrew Harris is Course Leader of PGCE Modular Mathematics at Canterbury Christ Church University.
Create a review
- publication date: 30/01/2014
- ID: 9781446293096
- book language: en
- publisher: SAGE Publications
- publisher imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo