Lonely Planet JapanBy: Lonely Planet (author), Rebecca Milner (author), Andrew Bender (author), Kate Morgan (author), Laura Crawford (author), Benedict Walker (author), Chris Rowthorn (author), Craig McLachlan (author), Wendy Yanagihara (author), Trent Holden (author)eBook
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Japan is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Shop and dine in electric Tokyo, explore Kyoto's stunning temples and gardens, or hike the majestic Japan Alps; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Japan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Japan Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, architecture, literature, cuisine, sake, onsen (hot springs), customs and etiquette, language and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Tokyo map (included in print version), plus over 145 colour maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children and Japan on a Budget
- Coverage of Tokyo, Mt Fuji, Kyoto, Osaka, Kansai, the Japan Alps, Hokkaido, Northern Honshu (Tohoku), Okinawa & the Southwest Islands, Kyushu, Shikoku, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Japan, our most comprehensive guide to Japan, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Japan? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Japan, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Tokyo or Kyoto? Check out Lonely Planet's Tokyo guide and Kyoto guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these cities has to offer; or Lonely Planet's Pocket Tokyo, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Chris Rowthorn, Andrew Bender, Laura Crawford, Trent Holden, Craig McLachlan, Rebecca Milner, Kate Morgan, Benedict Walker and Wendy Yanagihara.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Create a review
- publication date: 28/10/2014
- ID: 9781743217870
- series: Travel Guide
- book language: en
- publisher: Lonely Planet Publications
- publisher imprint: Lonely Planet
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo