Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Paris City Guide is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Blend in with the Parisians among the chestnut groves of Jardin du Luxembourg, ride the funicular up to the white-domed majesty of the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur, or have a romantic rendezvous with French art at the Musee Rodin; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Paris and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Paris City Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, architecture, politics, fashion, literature, cinema, and music
- Free, convenient pull-out Paris map (included in print version), plus over 35 colour neighbourhood maps
- Useful features - including Travel with Children, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Day Trips
- Coverage of Eiffel Tower, Western Paris, Champs-Elysees, Grands Boulevards, Louvre, Les Halles, Montmartre, Northern Paris, Le Marais, Menilmontant, Bastille, Eastern Paris, The Islands, Latin Quarter, St-Germain, Les Invalides, Montparnasse, Southern Paris, Day Trips from Paris, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Paris City Guide, our most comprehensive guide to Paris, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Paris? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Paris, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions, or Lonely Planet's Pocket Paris, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's France guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover France, a photo-rich guide to the most popular attractions in the country.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Catherine Le Nevez, Christopher Pitts, and Nicola Williams.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curiou
Create a review
- ID: 9781743213797
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: No