Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Venice & the Veneto is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take a gondola along the Grand Canal, gaze in awe at the mosaics in the Basilica di San Marco, or feast on fresh seafood in Venice's calli (backstreets), all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Venice & the Veneto and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Venice & the Veneto Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, architecture, literature, cinema, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, wine and the Venetian way of life
- Free, convenient pull-out Venice map (included in print version), plus over 30 colour maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, and Day Trips
- Coverage of San Marco, Dorsoduro, San Polo & Santa Croce, Cannaregio, Castello, Guidecca, Lido, Murano, Burano, highlights of Veneto and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Venice & the Veneto, our most comprehensive guide to Venice & the Veneto, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Venice? Check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Venice, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Create a review
- publication date: 19/11/2015
- ID: 9781743218105
- series: Travel Guide
- book language: en
- publisher: Lonely Planet Publications
- publisher imprint: Lonely Planet
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes