Mark Thomas has been touring the country for months, getting audiences to come up with policies aimed at sorting out the country's political chaos and taking back the power for the people. Sick to death of bailing out bankers and subsidising MPs homes, the audience vote on the best policy of the night to be included in the brand new People's Manifesto.
From the inspiring to the downright hilarious, you'll wonder why these fantastic ideas aren't part of the constitution already. For example:
- All politicians will be forced to wear the names and logos of the companies sponsor that them or with whom they have financial links.
- Anyone who supports ID cards is banned from having curtains.
- All models have to be picked at random from the electoral register.
- Anyone found guilty of homophobic hate crime has to serve their sentence in drag.
- CEOs convicted of fraud will be made to dress as pirates in whatever job they get in the future.
The People's Manifesto will outline 50 policies of the manifesto shouted out in bold type on a page to themselves with Mark's commentary opposite. Mark has even 'road tested' some of them - like hosting a party in an MP's second home (which clearly belongs to the taxpayer) and getting university boffins to work out a way of SAT testing MPs to rank them by value. And Mark's guerrilla antics won't end there...
Power to the people is really happening.
Create a review
- publication date: 13/04/2010
- ID: 9781407063065
- book language: en
- publisher: Ebury Publishing
- publisher imprint: Ebury Digital
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo