This vital reference is the only one-stop resource on how to assess, prevent, and manage severe nuclear accidents in the light water reactors (LWRs) that pose the most risk to the public. LWRs are the predominant nuclear reactor in use around the world today, and they will continue to be the most frequently utilized in the near future. Therefore, accurate determination of the safety issues associated with such reactors is central to a consideration of the risks and benefits of nuclear power.
This book emphasizes the prevention and management of severe accidents, in order to teach nuclear professionals how to mitigate potential risks to the public to the maximum extent possible. Engineers, researchers, students and the personnel of vendors, safety authorities and nuclear power generation organizations require the knowledge offered by this volume’s globally renowned experts to ensure they obtain a core competency in nuclear safety.
- Organizes and presents all the latest thought on LWR nuclear safety in one consolidated volume, provided by the top experts in the field, ensuring high quality, credible and easily accessible information
- Explains how developments in the field of LWR Severe Accidents have provided more accurate determinations of risk, thereby shedding new light on the debates surrounding nuclear power safety
- Concentrates on prevention and management of accidents, developing methodologies to estimate the consequences and associated risks
Create a review
- publication date: 05/12/2011
- ID: 9780123919069
- book language: en
- publisher: Elsevier Science
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo