'Physical Properties of Rocks - a Workbook' is a symbiosis of a brief description of physical fundamentals of rock properties (based on typical experimental results and relevant theories and models) with a guide for practical use of different theoretical concepts. For this purpose a companion web site contains a selection of model based equations in excel worksheets for practical application and training by the user to work with his own data (or to ''play" in order to demonstrate the effects of various input information and to demonstrate the effects of various input information in petrophysical work.
In two special chapters the problem of relationships between petrophysical parameters based on various model concepts is presented as a foundation for combined interpretation. This part also contains the author's 'structured model'.
The workbook is a result of the more than 40 years experience of the author in teaching at universities and industrial courses.
- Presents all practical relevant properties of rock in one volume
- Experimental and theoretical fundamentals in a systematic framework
- Special focus on relationships between properties
Other FormatsView more
Create a review
- publication date: 28/06/2011
- ID: 9780444537973
- series: Handbook of Petroleum Exploration and Production
- book language: en
- publisher: Elsevier Science
- publisher imprint: Elsevier
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo