DescriptionQuantitation of Amino Acids and Amines by Chromatography: Methods and Protocols is intended to serve as a ready-to-use guide for the identification and quantification of amino acids and amines in various matrices, providing an overview on the theory and protocol of available methods. It presents chromatograms with exact elution programs enabling visual analysis and compares the advantages-disadvantages of various chromatographic techniques. In accordance with the chronological order of the development of chromatographic methods, different techniques are discussed: The possibilities of gas chromatography (GC), followed by those of the high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and the most recent techniques capillary electrophoresis (CE), capillary, electrochromatography (CEC).
The characteristics of the given chromatographic procedure, relating to the topic in question, are classified according to the preliminary preparation/derivatization process(es), which means the simple methods, suitable for the analysis of the selected compound(s) in natural form, are followed by various derivatization proposals. Detailed protocols provide the reader with guidance in beginning tasks and on how to improve current methods. This book appeals to a wide audience and is recommended for those looking towards the wider reaches of identification and quantification of amino acids and amines.
* Provides a systematic, and comprehensive summary of chromatographic techniques and derivatization processes
* Compares advantages/disadvantages of various chromatographic techniques
* Readers can undertake practical tasks using detailed protocols given in the book
Create a review
- publication date: 27/06/2005
- ID: 9780080458458
- series: Journal of Chromatography Library
- book language: en
- publisher: Elsevier Science
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo