The book provides graduate students in the social sciences with the basic skills that they need to estimate, interpret, present, and publish basic regression models using contemporary standards.
Key features of the book include:
- interweaving the teaching of statistical concepts with examples developed for the course from publicly-available social science data or drawn from the literature.
- thorough integration of teaching statistical theory with teaching data processing and analysis.
- teaching of both SAS and Stata "side-by-side" and use of chapter exercises in which students practice programming and interpretation on the same data set and course exercises in which students can choose their own research questions and data set.
Create a review
- publication date: 25/06/2012
- ID: 9781136307744
- book language: en
- publisher: Taylor and Francis
- publisher imprint: Routledge
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes