- Business, Finance and La
- Business and Management
- Management By Business F...
- Research and Development...
DescriptionResearch for Development offers a comprehensive guide to commissioning, managing and undertaking research in development work. It serves both as a practical reference manual and an indispensable learning tool.
Divided into three parts, the book provides a complete overview of the research process spanning:
- the uses, planning and management of research
- reviewing existing evidence
- learning development research skills
- choosing research methods
- undertaking ethical research
- writing an effective research report
- promoting research uptake and assessing research
- monitoring and evaluation
This fully revised second edition also includes a new section on how to use the internet for research. Its 16 chapters are enriched by a variety of international case studies, checklists of key points, learning exercises, helpful references to further reading and engaging illustrations. The book also includes a detailed glossary of terms.
Drawing on considerable hands-on experience, Research for Development is an ideal practical companion for students of development studies and public policy, as well as practitioners in the field.
Cover image © Jenny Matthews / World Vision/ PhotoVoice
From PhotoVoice's See it Our Way project, Pakistan
For more information visit www.photovoice.org
Other FormatsView more
Create a review
- publication date: 08/11/2013
- ID: 9781446289709
- book language: en
- publisher: SAGE Publications
- publisher imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo