DescriptionSeven Deadliest USB Attacks provides a comprehensive view of the most serious types of Universal Serial Bus (USB) attacks. While the book focuses on Windows systems, Mac, Linux, and UNIX systems are equally susceptible to similar attacks.
The book consists of seven chapters that cover the following: (i) USB Hacksaw; (ii) the USB Switchblade; (iii) viruses and malicious codes; (iv) USB-based heap overflow; (v) the evolution of forensics in computer security; (vi) pod slurping; and (vii) the human element of security, including the risks, rewards, and controversy surrounding social-engineering engagements.
This book was written to target a vast audience including students, technical staff, business leaders, or anyone seeking to understand fully the removable-media risk for Windows systems. It provides the tools, tricks, and detailed instructions necessary to reconstruct and mitigate these activities while peering into the risks and future aspects surrounding the respective technologies. The attacks outlined in this book are intended for individuals with moderate Microsoft Windows proficiency.
- Knowledge is power, find out about the most dominant attacks currently waging war on computers and networks globally
- Discover the best ways to defend against these vicious attacks; step-by-step instruction shows you how
- Institute countermeasures, don’t be caught defenseless again, and learn techniques to make your computer and network impenetrable
Create a review
- publication date: 03/06/2010
- ID: 9781597495547
- book language: en
- publisher: Elsevier Science
- publisher imprint: Syngress
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes