The best of the best--20 years of watercolor brilliance!
Over the past 20+ years, Splash has built a reputation as the premier showcase of contemporary watercolor...a gathering place for the best work and freshest ideas from today's top artists. Page by page, the series' 14 editions have painted a masterful portrait of the current state of the medium. Now, Splash Retrospective celebrates the best of the best in one big, breathtaking compilation!
Inside you'll find everything you've come to expect from this series: big art (in concept, execution and reproduction value), innovative techniques, and firsthand insight on what fueled the artist. Plus, for the first time, series editor Rachel Rubin Wolf shares her expert perspective on what it is about these paintings that made her stop and take notice. What made them "come alive" and stand out from the thousands that crossed her desk? More than mere technical mastery, she cites such elements as originality, unusual subjects and poses, moments of whimsy...and always, the artist's love and respect for their subject, be it sunflower divas, and exotic locale, a beloved family member, or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
It's an exceptional collection for artists striving to create memorable work, and a simply stunning book to grace the coffee table of any lover of the medium.
- 230+ brilliantly reproduced watercolor paintings.
- More than 200 artists represented.
- A diversity of styles, presented in subject-themed chapters--still lifes, portraits, landscapes, animals and more.
- Revealing commentary from the artists and editor.
Create a review
- publication date: 25/09/2013
- ID: 9781440332142
- book language: en
- publisher: F+W Media
- publisher imprint: North Light Books
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo