Description'From page one the appeal of the book is evident in the jargon free, user friendly text. I would not hesitate to recommend it to other students whatever stage of their doctorate they have reached.' - Educate Journal
Whether you undertaking a taught doctorate, or a course of study leading to a PhD, Succeeding with Your Doctorate offers complete, up-to-date guidance and discussion on all aspects of successful doctoral work. The five experienced authors give advice on every stage in the process of completing a doctorate, from helping you to engage in critical reflection to better understand your own research biases, to useful guidelines on preparing for, and surviving, the viva.
Combining general discussion with practical advice, this book is an essential companion to your research. Topics include:
- Preparing for a doctorate
- Embarking on your Research
- Adapting to life as a student
- Working with a supervisor
- Reading critically
- Conceptualising your research
- Thinking about methodologies and approaches
- Producing a thesis
- Preparing for and taking the viva
- Disseminating your research.
SAGE Study Skills are essential study guides for students of all levels. From how to write great essays and succeeding at university, to writing your undergraduate dissertation and doing postgraduate research, SAGE Study Skills help you get the best from your time at university. Visit the SAGE Study Skills website for tips, quizzes and videos on study success!
Create a review
- publication date: 19/05/2014
- ID: 9781446240199
- series: SAGE Study Skills Series
- book language: en
- publisher: SAGE Publications
- publisher imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd