DescriptionBased on phylogenetic research, this complete study of the genus Sylvia describes two new species and establishes identification criteria for all members of the family.
A lengthy introduction explains the background to the research and outlines the main features of the genus. The 25 species are then treated in detail, including the African parisomas, which are here included in the Sylva group. The species accounts include sections on every aspect of identification, with colour illustrations showing age, sex and racial differences, distribution maps, sonograms, moult and wing diagrams and tables."
Other FormatsView more
Create a review
- publication date: 30/08/2010
- ID: 9781408135099
- series: Helm Identification Guides
- book language: en
- publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing
- publisher imprint: Christopher Helm
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo