DescriptionClive Tunnicliffe offers a vision of provision for able, gifted and talented (AG&T) learners within the context of Every Child Matters (ECM) legislation and the drive to achieve personalised learning. Providing a clear and concise summary of an increasingly important area of educational provision, this book offers the right balance of theory and practical strategies.
There is advice on:
- developing a whole school policy for AG&T provision
- defining and identifying AG&T learners
- strategies to use in the classroom
- developing critical and creative thinking
- out-of-school enrichment activities
- supporting AG&T learners
- working with parents
Each chapter contains a summary of key points, case studies of good practice, great ideas to use with students and Professional Development Activities for staff.
This book is short enough to be a quick read, but there is much to whet your appetite for finding out more about this fascinating area of teaching and learning. It is a useful and interesting resource for busy managers, project leaders, classroom practitioners and learning support staff across the primary and secondary age range.
Clive Tunnicliffe is an education consultant currently based in China; he had a long career in the UK as a teacher, Local Authority Advisor, National Strategy Manager and Director of Publications for NACE.
Create a review
- publication date: 17/02/2014
- ID: 9781446245354
- book language: en
- publisher: SAGE Publications
- publisher imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo