DescriptionFrom John Marsden, the highly-acclaimed and bestselling author of Secret Men's Business, comes a practical guide to help single mothers enjoy and celebrate raising their sons. Drawing on his years as teacher and mentor to young people, John Marsden follows the child from baby to young man and identifies 101 important steps in fostering a boy's developing masculinity.
Written with humour and compassion, John understands what it means to be a boy and how to help a boy grow into a well-adjusted man.
RECENT STATISTICS from the Australian Bureau of Statistics:
- Out of Australia's 4.6 million children aged under eighteen, 1.1 million children live with only one of their natural parents, usually as a result of relationship or marriage breakdown.
- The vast majority of children, who had a natural parent living elsewhere, were in the sole care of the parent with whom they lived, while 3 per cent of children had parents who shared care more evenly between them.
- In April 1997, there were 978,000 Australian children who were living with one natural parent and who had a natural parent living elsewhere. The vast majority (88%) lived with their natural mother in either one-parent families (68%) or in step or blended families (20%).
Other FormatsView more
Create a review
- publication date: 01/07/2002
- ID: 9781743346303
- book language: en
- publisher: Pan Macmillan Australia
- publisher imprint: Macmillan Australia
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo