Over the last two decades a major focus of organization theory has been on understanding the dynamic relationships between individuals, organizations and their environments. This interest in dynamics, illustrated by systems, chaos, and complexity theory, is recorded in the works of Ackoff, Senge, and Stacey. This focus offers a new viewpoint on holism for practising leaders and theorists today.
Building on this interest, Smith’s original text presents a new philosophical lens for helping leaders see the advantages of a more holistic approach to improving organizations. Specifically he:
- introduces the AIC (appreciation, influence, control) philosophy, model, and process of purpose-power relationships as a next step in the evolution of organization and systems theory
- traces its roots and evolution in organization theory and indicates its actual and potential contribution to that field
- translates the model into a transformative, strategic organizing process that can be used to organize at any level, in a way that will ensure the achievement of higher levels of purpose, at less cost and in less time than traditional organizational approaches.
Developed and tested via his work for organizations including the World Bank, this revolutionary book will change the way organizations and individuals work.
Create a review
- publication date: 15/11/2008
- ID: 9781134162086
- book language: en
- publisher: Taylor and Francis
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo