"The study of acting should not begin with an exploration of feeling, perception, imagination, memories, intention, personalization, self-identification... or even performance—but physical action."
Michael Lugering's The Expressive Actor presents a foundational, preparatory training method, using movement to unlock the entire acting process. Its action-based perspective integrates voice, movement and basic acting training into a unified approach.
A wealth of exercises and diagrams guide the reader through this internationally taught program, making it an ideal step-by-step course for both solo and classroom use. Through this course, voice and body training becomes more than a simple skill-building activity – it is the central prerequisite to any actor training.
This new Routledge edition has been fully updated, to include:
- A revised prologue, further discussing the historical and philosophical grounding of The Lugering Method
- A new introduction, with particular focus on the integrative nature of the method and how the book should be used.
- New developments, clarifications, and 12 new exercises.
- 6 new illustrative diagrams.
Other FormatsView more
Create a review
- publication date: 07/05/2013
- ID: 9781136448997
- book language: en
- publisher: Taylor and Francis
- publisher imprint: Routledge
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo