The lure of working and living abroad can be hard to resist, and
improvements in technology mean that you can enjoy the best of both
worlds. Full of practical advice and up-to-date information on the most
popular countries to move to, this book is a must-read for anyone who wants to experience working life in another part of the world. Features include:
- The Basics: the pros and cons of working abroad, budgeting,
learning other languages, visas, setting up a bank account, finding
work, building contacts etc.
- Information on the most popular destinations, including the
USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Italy and France. This
includes average wages, traditional and emerging industries and sectors
that welcome foreign workers, as well as information on the different
- Advice on 'virtual working'. This applies to many people these days, but is particularly useful for freelancers.
- Information on starting your own business.
The book also offers advice on: relocation and relocation services;
integrating into local communities; coping with homesickness;
acclimatising children to a new culture; and back-up plans if things
don't work out.
Create a review
- publication date: 01/01/2009
- ID: 9781408105528
- book language: en
- publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing
- publisher imprint: A&C Black Business Information and Development
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo