DescriptionFeaturing 3,000 essential facts and figures, this entertaining and informative guide to the world's weather explains how the weather shapes our planet and affects all our lives. From sandstorms to monsoons, avalanches to solar storms, rainbows to tornadoes, this concise but comprehensive book explores the whats, whys, wheres, hows and whens.
- How do clouds form?
- What makes the wind blow?
- Why are no two snowflakes the same?
- What causes tornadoes?
- Why are deserts so dry and rainforests so wet?
- What is the El Niño effect?
After marvelling at lightning, understanding thunder and finding there is no end of the rainbow, Mike Flynn investigates how weather will become even more important in the future, both as a result of climate change, and because of new ways of harnessing the awesome power of nature to generate energy.
Uncovering the amazing truth behind our weather and exploring the intriguing mysteries of weather phenomena, The Pocket Book of Weather is a fascinating compendium of useful and entertaining information.
Other FormatsView more
Create a review
- publication date: 18/03/2013
- ID: 9781408192610
- book language: en
- publisher: BLOOMSBURY PUBLISHING
- publisher imprint: Adlard Coles
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo