Sugar is the new controlled substance. More addictive than cocaine, the deadly white stuff has become the focus of health professionals worldwide who are highlighting the dangers of over-indulgence. And whilst we all know that a diet high in sugar can cause obesity, heart disease, cancer and diabetes, it is now also linked to a wide range of other serious health conditions, such as poor brain development in children, cataracts – even Alzheimer’s. Quite simply, our excess intake of sugar, from the spoonfuls we tip into our tea to the high levels of fructose hidden in packaged foods, is making us fat and sick, and is prematurely ageing our skin.
In Sugar Detox nutritionist Brooke Alpert and dermatologist Dr Patricia Farris provide a revolutionary plan which will limit excess blood sugar, slim your waistline and increase your energy levels. It will help you to recapture youthful skin and good health. The secret?
* A three-day detox sugar fix to rid your system of sugar and a three-day skin fix to pamper you on your journey to looking and feeling great
* A four-week eating plan, delicious recipes and menus to help you to lose – and keep off – unwanted pounds now and in the future
* A four-week skincare regime to fight the ageing process and keep your skin looking as youthful as ever.
This is an easy-to-follow plan for looking and feeling your best – and most importantly, it will break your sugar addiction once and for all.
Create a review
- publication date: 14/08/2013
- ID: 9781448171576
- book language: en
- publisher: Transworld
- publisher imprint: Transworld Digital
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo