DescriptionBy focusing on key figures in early years education and care, this book considers the influential thinkers and ground-breaking approaches that have revolutionized practice. With contributions from leading authorities in the field, chapters provide an explanation of the approach, an analysis of the theoretical background, case studies, questions and discussion points to facilitate critical thinking.
Included are chapters on:
- Psychoanalytical theories
- Maria Montessori
- Steiner Waldorf education
- Post-modern and post-structuralist perspectives
- Forest Schools
- Vivian Gussin Paley
- Te Whatilderiki
Written in an accessible style and relevant to all levels of early years courses, the book has staggered levels of Further Reading that encourage reflection and promotes progression.
Linda Miller is Professor Emeritus of Early Years, The Open University
Linda Pound is a consultant and author, renowned for her work in early years education and care.
Create a review
- publication date: 31/10/2013
- ID: 9781446246306
- series: Critical Issues in the Early Years
- book language: en
- publisher: SAGE Publications
- publisher imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo