Ignite your passion for jewelry
Torch-Fired Enamel Jewelry combines beading and wire-working techniques with the
intense beauty of torch-fired enameled beads. Metal becomes your canvas as you learn the basics of enameling with a torch, then dive into 22 exquisite pieces, ranging from quirky “cattywampus” earrings to ethereal pendants to delicate multi-stranded necklaces. Find out how easy it is to create unique and colorful enamel pieces in this innovative, comprehensive guide to the world of torch-fired enameling.
Inside you’ll find:
· A hands-on, in-depth approach to enameling beads, pendants and other metal findings using a torch instead of a kiln.
· An extensive enameling workshop, with information on equipment, materials and safety considerations.
· Tips and tricks for making truly unique pieces: learn how to modulate color, create burnt edges and manipulate the gas/oxygen ratio to achieve color flashes and smoky hazes.
· Jewelry and metal-working techniques, from wire-wrapping to etching copper sheet, that create a perfect backdrop to your stunning enamel creations.
Light the torch, gather your enamels and start painting with fire in Torch-Fired Enamel Jewelry.
look. make. meet.
Create a review
- publication date: 03/08/2011
- ID: 9781440320576
- book language: en
- publisher: F+W Media
- publisher imprint: North Light Books
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes