DescriptionThe author presents an illustrated and practical guide to the wide range of urban habitats and the flora and fauna that live within them. The important conservation and management issues presently being faced within our towns and cities are examined.
Topics of concern to the conservationalist or habitat manager are explored, including:
* the impact and monitoring of pollution
* the effects of invasive species
* guidelines for the ecological management of sites to enhance their nature conservation value.
Urban Habitats is richly illustrated, features up-to-date references and data, and proposes a series of projects.
Create a review
- publication date: 31/01/2002
- ID: 9781134715718
- series: Habitat Guides
- book language: en
- publisher: Taylor and Francis
- publisher imprint: Routledge
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes