Are you inspired by the little things, the bits others might overlook? A crack in the sidewalk? The trunk of a fallen tree? Shards of broken pottery? Do you want your artwork to speak to the abstract nature of color, and shape and texture, composition and mood?
With Wabi-Sabi Art Workshop, you'll learn to use your appreciation for the simple things in life--the ordinary, the aged, the humble--as your inspiration for making expressive, intuitive art. You will come to embrace imperfection and recognize that, yes, in fact, there is such a thing as a happy accident!
The wabi-sabi philosophy of art is probably a little different from what you're used to--it's a style that finds inspiration and beauty in the imperfect, impermanent and humble nature of everyday objects. And there is a special freedom in wabi-sabi's abstract aesthetic, a forgiving approach that celebrates so-called mistakes and fosters an experimental spirit, encouraging you to build up and tear back with abandon.
Inside Wabi-Sabi Art Workshop You'll Find:
- Dozens of inspiration photos and tips for taking your own.
- 27 traditional haikus.
- 35 techniques using such diverse media as oil and acrylic paints, alcohol inkers, foils and leaf, pastels, plaster, collage and handmade papers, teabags, paper towels, coffee, crayons, encaustic paints, fibers and more.
- Lots of Wabi-Sabi Wisdom--tips and troubleshooting.
- 70 big, beautiful finished pieces of art illustrating featured techniques.
- Links to online bonus content--step-by-step demonstrations illustrating six additional techniques.
Create a review
- publication date: 19/04/2013
- ID: 9781440321085
- book language: en
- publisher: F+W Media
- publisher imprint: North Light Books
- Android Epub DRM Yes
- Ereader Epub DRM Yes
- Desktop Epub DRM Yes
- IOS Epub DRM Yes
- Windows Epub DRM Yes