Discover fresh, forgiving techniques that promise less frustration and juicier results!
Julie Gilbert Pollard subscribes to the "whatever works" school of painting. Not bound by tradition, she shows you how to unleash your watercolors for exciting and expressive results...and have lots of fun doing it! See how a few simple steps at the beginning can preserve the lights, lock in the darks, and allow you greater freedom to let your watercolor do what it does best: move and flow wet-into-wet, creating luminous layers of depth and vitality.
Inside you'll find:
- 9 step-by-step painting demonstrations, plus many more quick lessons illustrating basic techniques.
- How to paint water, rocks, trees and other landscape elements in a lively manner.
- Easy techniques for making your paintings pop, including tips for successful spattering.
- How to combine a representational painting style with abstract acrylic underpaintings for unique and lively results.
Create a review
- publication date: 08/03/2013
- ID: 9781440320903
- book language: en
- publisher: F+W Media
- publisher imprint: North Light Books
- IPhone Epub DRM Kobo
- Android Epub DRM Kobo
- IPad Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-OSX Epub DRM Kobo
- Desktop-Windows Epub DRM Kobo