Follow these simple steps to get your order delivered to your door or nearest WHSmith store.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I place an order?
- How do I place an order with a partner website?
- Do I need to register to order?
- What happens after I place my order?
- My question is not answered here. What do I do?
How do I place an order?
We've made you a simple guide to help you buy products online at WHSmith.co.uk.
1. Product selection
- So you've found a product you like and you want to buy - select Add to basket.
- You'll see a mini basket drop down from the top of the screen with this and any other products you have selected.
- If you're ready to place your order, click Go to Checkout.
2. Select product quantity and delivery method
- You'll be shown what's in your basket. Choose how many of each item and select your delivery option. If you have a promotion code, you can enter it here.
- Now click Go to Checkout.
- New visitors need not register for an account - you can just checkout as a guest. Enter your email address so that we can update you about your order and add a delivery address.
- Enter your delivery address - we'll find your address or a local store from your postcode
- You'll now be taken to the payment details page - enter your Gift card, credit or debit card details and add your billing address.
- Happy? Proceed with your order to head to the confirmation page.
4. Confirm your order
- You'll now see your confirmation page. You'll also be sent a confirmation email to say your order's been received - and another email when your order's ready to be dispatched.
- To track your order online and allow us to remember your details for next time - create an account by adding a password.
- Either Continue Shopping or Log Out if you're finished.
How do I place an order with a partner website?
We work with a range of partners to give you even more choice of products and services.
We have a number of partner sites, including:
Where you see the  icon the link will take you to another website which will open in a new window. You'll use their checkout process. It's not possible to combine an order for a product from a partner site with a product from the WHSmith.co.uk site.
Although you may see WHSmith branding on a partner website, they're responsible for your orders, payment and delivery - not us. We recommend you read their individual terms and conditions and customer service information pages before you order.
Orders from partner sites can't be sent to a WHSmith store. Check the partner site for their delivery times and prices.
Do I need to register to order?
No - new customers can checkout without creating an account.
You can create an account by adding a password on the confirmation page at the end of checkout.
By creating an account you'll get these benefits:
- track your order
- quick checkout next time
- cancel an order online if you wish
- create a wish list
- review your order history
- manage your email newsletter preferences
It's really easy to create an account. Just add a password on the confirmation page when you checkout or go to My Account
What happens after I place my order?
Immediately after checking out ...
- First time customers can choose to create an account by adding a password on the order confirmation page.
- We will confirm your order by email.
- If you paid by Gift Card we'll charge your card.
Within 24 hours ...
- We will usually dispatch in stock products or place orders with our supplier for products we do not have stock of.
- We'll dispatch each item as soon as we receive it.
- We'll charge your credit or debit card when the item is ready to dispatch to you.
- If the product becomes unavailable (the publisher may decide not to reprint a book) we'll let you know by email.
- If you created an account you can check your order's progress online or cancel the order up to the time when we are ready to send it to you.
My question is not answered here. What do I do?
We may have the answer on another help page - you can check here.
Still need help? Contact our Customer Services team