Union J Book Signings FAQs and Terms & Conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have merchandise signed?
Unfortunately due to time limitations only copies of Union J: Our Story can be signed.
Can I bring my friends?
Yes, however all those queuing MUST have purchased a book, collected a wristband AND have a valid WHSmith receipt. Due to the popularity of the band and signing, we cannot allow non-signing customers access to view the signing
Do I have to collect a wristband?
Yes. In order to queue for the signing you must purchase your book and collect your wristband from the hosting WHSmith store. Wristbands are available from 7.30am on Saturday 28th September 2013.
Make sure you keep your receipt.
What if I already have a copy of the book?
This is fine but it must be purchased from WHSmith. Please bring proof of purchase with you when collecting your wristband
Can I meet Union J or watch the signing if I haven't bought a book or have a wristband?
Unfortunately, due to the popularity of the event and therefore security measures in place, we cannot allow non-signing customers access to view the signing
How many wristbands can I collect?
Customers can collect up to a maximum of 2 wristbands per person. Please note that any customers under the age of 14 years old attending the signing MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian of 18 years or over. The guardian/parent will not need a wristband.
What time can we start queuing for the wristband giveaway?
Wristbands will be given out from 7.30am on 28th September 2013. We cannot advise a time to begin queuing.
What time can we start queuing for the signing?
We advise queuing for the signing no earlier than 2 hours prior to the signing on Saturday 28th September 2013. Anyone arriving prior to this may be asked to leave and return at the correct time
Can I have my picture taken with Union J?
Due to time restrictions unfortunately there will be no opportunity for posed photos with Union J. You are free to take pictures whilst queuing and as Union J are signing your book
Where can I buy my book and collect my wristband?
You can purchase your book and collect your wristband from the host WHSmith store. Wristbands are available from 7.30am on Saturday 28th September 2013. Make sure you keep your receipt.
What if I lose my wristband?
To queue for the signing you must have your WHSmith branded wristband. Wristbands are available to collect from 7.30am, Saturday 28th September. We cannot replace any lost wristbands.
I am under 14. Can I still attend?
Yes. Anyone under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over. Any accompanying adults will not need a wristband. Due to time and space limitations only one child can only be accompanied by one parent/guardian
What time does the event finish?
Due to the nature of the event, the end time will be determined by the promoters on the day
How many books can I have signed?
A maximum of 3 books and one wristband per person. One wristband allows a minimum of one book.
What if I cannot get to the wristband giveaway event at WHSmith?
The wristbands will be given away on a first come, first served basis from 7.30am on Saturday 28th September. We cannot make exceptions for customers unable to collect a wristband from the store on the above date. We cannot allow access to the signing for any customers without a wristband
If I cannot make the event on the day, can I have a book reserved and signed?
Unfortunately due to the unique element of this event we cannot reserve or have copies signed for those unable to attend on the day
How long will the sale of books and wristbands giveaways last?
Wristband sales will start from 7.30am on Saturday 28th September and continue until all wristbands have been given away. WHSmith staff will be able to answer any questions
If you have further questions that are not answered in this FAQ please contact WH Smith Customer Services by e-mailing email@example.com
Terms and conditions
- To queue for this event you must purchase your book and collect your WHSmith branded wristband from the relevant WHSmith store hosting the event. Wristbands will be available from 7.30am from on Saturday 28th September
- If you have bought your book previously, please bring proof of purchase from WHSmith with you
- Proof of purchase WILL be required. Please keep this in a safe place
- Wristbands will be given out on a first come, first served basis
- Anyone under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by an adult. Any accompanying adults will not need a wristband. Due to time and space limitations only one child can only be accompanied by one parent
- Those without a book and wristband will not be permitted to join the queue unless they are a parent or guardian of anyone under 14 years of age
- Your wristband entitles you to one place in the queue to get your book signed by Union J
- Only copies of Union J: Our Story bought from WHSmith will be accepted
- A maximum of 3 books and one wristband per person
- Only the book will be signed. No other merchandise will be signed
- Strictly no posed photos. You are free to take pictures whilst Union J are signing
- Due to time restraints unfortunately no dedications will be possible
- The time at which the event ends will be determined by the promoters on the day
- Customers are advised not to arrive earlier than 2 hours prior to the signing start time on Saturday 28th September for the signing. Anyone arriving earlier may be asked to return at the correct time