100 Facts Warriors is bursting with exactly 100 fantastic facts, incredible images and great activities to help children learn everything they need to know about the greatest fighters of all time.
100 Facts Warriors includes key topics about the ultimate fighters throughout history in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page features amazing illustrations and photographs that clarify difficult points for children.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Warriors:
- What makes a true warrior
- The most famous figures of all time including Julius Caesar and Napoleon Bonaparte
- Fighters from fiction and fantasy worlds
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- Alexander the Great marched around 32,000 kilometres over the course of his 11-year battle campaign!
- Underneath Colchester, London and St Albans, there is still a thick layer of burnt earth, left from Boudicca's attacks on them.
- Viking swords were given names such as Leg-biter and Foot-biter.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
- Design a shield for a Medieval knight. Think about colours, a pattern for a coat of arms and the textures of wood and leather
- Quiz question: Which native American tribe did Crazy Horse belong to?
- As well as being a warrior, Babur was a poet and liked to create magnificent gardens. Use the Internet and books to find out more about him
Author: John Malam
Consultant: Philip Steele
Dimensions: 9 X 12
Format: Paperback with holographic foil