Exam Board: ISEB
Level: 11 Plus
First Teaching: September 2012
First Exam: Autumn 2013
Following on from Practice Papers 1, these papers further test pupils in preparation for the most challenging of pre-tests and 11 plus independent school entrance exams. Includes six model papers, each containing a comprehension and a writing paper that include a total of 104 comprehension questions, 31 spelling, grammar and punctuation questions and 15 writing tasks.
- Develops and perfects exam technique for all major pre-tests and 11 plus independent school exams including Consortium, CEM, GL and ISEB
- Teaches pupils to improve their response rates with timed papers
- A variety of exam paper styles to build exam-room confidence
- Identifies weaker areas and improves results with detailed answers and commentary
- Builds familiarity of the way long-format 11 plus tests are presented
- Tackles comprehension questions to make pupils think closely about the text
The brand new 11 plus and pre-test range has been constructed to help pupils follow a three step revision journey ..
Step 1) 11 Plus English Revision Guide
Step 2) Practice Papers
11 Plus English Practice Papers 1
11 Plus English Practice Papers 2
Step 3) Workbooks
Spelling and Vocabulary Workbook Age 8-10
Reading and Comprehension Workbook Age 9-11
Grammar and Punctuation Workbook Age 8-10
Writing Workbook Age 9-11
Victoria Burrill has been teaching for the last 10 years. She currently works at Newton Prep in Battersea where she is Head of English and specialises in teaching English to students in Years 5 to 8 with a focus on preparing them for 11+ and 13+ examinations. Victoria started her writing career with a series for Rising Stars entitled English for the More Able, drawing on her considerable experience with Philosophy for Children and her passion for teaching higher order thinking skills and equipping children to be independent learners. She then wrote 11+ English Practice Papers 1 and 2 for Galore Park, co-authored the 11+ English Revision Guide and is currently working on the new Junior English Series. Victoria is driven by a love of words and really good stories. She spends a considerable amount of time with her nose in a book, is a regular theatre-goer and balances the sedentary activities with running, yoga and walking.