Exam Board: ISEB
Level: 11 Plus
First Teaching: September 2012
First Exam: Autumn 2013
Secure the top marks in 11 plus independent school entrance exams and pre-tests and a better chance at getting into their school of choice with this essential revision guide. Complete coverage of the ISEB 11 Plus English syllabus and stretching extra content ensures that every topic is thoroughly revised ahead of the exams.
- This book covers everything required for the 11 Plus English exam
- Prepares pupils for a wide range of independent school exams and pre-tests with challenging extension material
- Consolidates revision with all the key information in one place
- Features helpful insight in to the exams, with examples, practical tips and advice
- Tests understanding and technique with timed, levelled exam-style questions
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses using 11 plus sample tests with detailed answer guidance
Also available for 11 Plus English preparation:
- Spelling & Vocabulary Workbook 9-11 9781471829642
- Reading & Comprehension Workbook 9-11 9781471829659
- Grammar & Punctuation Workbook 9-11 9781471829666
- Writing Workbook 9-11 9781471829673
- 11 Plus English Practice Papers ISBN 9781471849275
Revision Guides, Workbooks and Practice Papers are also available for Maths, Science, Verbal Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning on www.galorepark.co.uk.
Erika Cross has worked as Head of English in prep schools for the past fourteen years, although she originally trained as a senior school English teacher. She believes that children learn best when they are taught by someone with a passion for their subject, and Erika certainly brings that passion to teaching English. Her enthusiasm can be contagious, and the children she teaches always have lots of fun, along with learning a great deal. During her teaching career, Erika has authored a number of titles but most recently she has co-written the new 11+ English Revision Guide for Galore Park. When she is not working, she loves to read, especially children's literature. Victoria Burrill has been teaching for the last 10 years. She currently works at Newton Prep in Battersea where she is Head of English and specialises in teaching English to students in Years 5 to 8 with a focus on preparing them for 11+ and 13+ examinations. Victoria started her writing career with a series for Rising Stars entitled English for the More Able, drawing on her considerable experience with Philosophy for Children and her passion for teaching higher order thinking skills and equipping children to be independent learners. She then wrote 11+ English Practice Papers 1 and 2 for Galore Park, co-authored the 11+ English Revision Guide and is currently working on the new Junior English Series. Victoria is driven by a love of words and really good stories. She spends a considerable amount of time with her nose in a book, is a regular theatre-goer and balances the sedentary activities with running, yoga and walking.