A comprehensive handbook to the planets, stars and constellations visible from the southern hemisphere. 6 pages for each month covering January-December 2019.
This practical guide is both an easy introduction to astronomy and a useful reference for seasoned stargazers. Now includes a section on comets and a map of the moon.
Diagrams drawn for the latitude of southern Australia, but including events visible from New Zealand and South Africa.
Written and illustrated by astronomical experts, Storm Dunlop and Wil Tirion.
* Advice on where to start looking.
* Easy-to-use star maps for each month with descriptions of what to see.
* Positions of the moon and visible planets.
* Details of objects and events you might see in 2019.
* Diagrams of notable events visible from Australia, and some for New Zealand and South Africa.
Also available: A month-by-month guide to exploring the skies above Britain and Ireland ISBN 978-0-00-825770-5 and
A month-by-month guide to exploring the skies above North America ISBN 978-0-22-810105-5.
Strom Dunlop is an experienced Astronomy and meteorology author and translator. Books include Gem Weather (Collins, 2012), Meteorology Manual (Haynes, 2014), Practical Astronomy (Philip's, 2012) and is the lead author for the bestselling annual Guide to the Night Sky (Collins). Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society, the Royal Meteorological Society and a member of the International Astronomical Union.