DescriptionOfficially endorsed by the ACO, 24 Hour Race Technology provides an annual review of the engineering spectacle that is Le Mans, highlighting why certain technologies are to the fore. Both Prototype and GT cars are analysed in depth in this uniquely focused appraisal of the world?s greatest twice-around-the-clock race, revealing many secrets of performance.Contents include:Intro: THE EDITOR The ACO?s proposal to cut costs in LM P1 will hopefully encourage new manufacturers into the seriesGrid: IN THE NEWS A rare insight into LM P1 aero ideas that weren?t allowed, how the new LM P2 chassis designs measured up, and more?In Conversation: DAVE ?BEAKY? SIMS Anne Proffit talks to the motorsport veteran, who reflects on his career and looks forward to the futureDossier: PORSCHE 911 RSR (LM GTE) After more than 50 years with its engine in the rear, the new 911 GT now features a mid-engined layout. Lawrence Butcher reportsInsight: LM P AERO What were the key areas of aerodynamic innovation by Porsche and Toyota in 2017 Paolo Catone casts his eye over the detailsSpecial Investigation: LM P2 TYRE SIMULATION Analysing tyre behaviour, Andrea Quintarelli discusses the practicalities of tyre choice in LM P2Technical Review: LM P1 Lawrence Butcher quizzes the technical brains behind the leading 2017 Le Mans teams about how they found scope for improved performancePerformance Evaluation: LE MANS PROTOTYPES Paolo Catone dissects the Le Mans 2017 lap time data for the Porsche and Toyota contendersInsight: TYRE MODELLING Andrea Quintarelli details the empirical approach to modelling and therefore predicting racecar tyre behaviourAPPENDIX We explain the various series in endurance racing, and their rules and regulationsSUPPLIER DIRECTORY Our listing of companies offering products and services to the endurance race technology communityPS: FRONT ENGINE FORAY Porsche?s Le Mans successes tend to call to mind mid- or rear-engined cars, but what about the 924
About This Subscription
What Will I Receive?
• Please note that this magazine subscription is delivered directly to your chosen address by the publisher, and does not come in a gift pack
• Your subscription will usually start with the next available issue and will not be the current issue that is available in the shops at the time of order.
When Will I Start Receiving My Subscription?
• As soon as you place your order we will take payment from you, email you a summary of your order and, pass your order to the relevant magazine publisher.
• Once the publisher has confirmed the order (this may take up to 10 days) we will email you confirmation of this, along with delivery estimates for your 1st issue.
As a guide (for UK Publications), please allow:
• 3-5 weeks for Weekly publications
• 5-9 weeks for Monthly publications
• 13 weeks for Bi-monthly and Quarterly Publications.
Orders for magazines printed outside of the UK may take an additional 2-3 weeks.
- ID: 9018000019082
- barcode: 9771759005004
- product type: magazine subscriptions
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: No
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: No