DescriptionOfficially endorsed by the ACO, 24 Hour Race Technology provides an annual review of the engineering spectacle that is Le Mans, highlighting why certain technologies are to the fore. Both Prototype and GT cars are analysed in depth in this uniquely focused appraisal of the world?s greatest twice-around-the-clock race, revealing many secrets of performance.Contents include:? Grid: IN THE NEWS - Details of the ACO?s new LM P1 regulations, how Dunlop develops its tyres for LM P2, and the changes made by Porsche for its 2018 Gen 2 Cup 911? In Conversation: IAIN WATT - Action Express Racing?s technical director tells Anne Proffit how the team?s IMSA successes can be put down to having a small but expert team? Dossier: GINETTA G60 LT P1 - Developing a racecar for LM P1 is a test of any motorsport company?s skills ? even more so when it?s a first attempt. Lawrence Butcher reports? TECHNICAL REVIEW - Paolo Catone reports on the statistics that made the 2018 Le Mans 24 Hours one to remember for Toyota, and investigates the mechanical approaches taken by each LM P1 contender? Digest: ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE GTE - The name may not have changed but this is an entirely new beast. Lawrence Butcher reports on its development? Insight: IMSA DPi vs INDYCAR - Anne Proffit asks driver Juan-Pablo Montoya and engineer Raul Prados to compare their current Acura Prototype with an Indy car? Focus: COMPOSITES - Peter Donaldson examines the role played by composite materials in endurance racing? Profile: BMW M8 GTE - How do you develop an endurance racer before the road-going version is released Lawrence Butcher finds out? Retrospective: PEUGEOT 908 TRANSMISSION - Lawrence Butcher charts the development of the Le Mans version of this diesel V12?s transmission system? Appendix - The structure of the WEC, the LM P1 regulations and who?s racing what and when in 2018-19? Supplier directory - Our listing of the companies providing products and services to the endurance racing community? PS: EVERY EVENTUALITY - We provide an insight into how Toyota?s preparations for the WEC have changed over the years
About This Subscription
What Will I Receive?
• Please note that this magazine subscription is delivered directly to your chosen address by the publisher, and does not come in a gift pack
• Your subscription will usually start with the next available issue and will not be the current issue that is available in the shops at the time of order.
When Will I Start Receiving My Subscription?
• As soon as you place your order we will take payment from you, email you a summary of your order and, pass your order to the relevant magazine publisher.
• Once the publisher has confirmed the order (this may take up to 10 days) we will email you confirmation of this, along with delivery estimates for your 1st issue.
As a guide (for UK Publications), please allow:
• 3-5 weeks for Weekly publications
• 5-9 weeks for Monthly publications
• 13 weeks for Bi-monthly and Quarterly Publications.
Orders for magazines printed outside of the UK may take an additional 2-3 weeks.
- ID: 9018000019082
- barcode: 9771759005004
- product type: magazine subscriptions
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: No
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: No