More than 4 weeks availability
Learn the 5 practices for facilitating effective inquiry-oriented classrooms:
This book presents and discusses a framework for orchestrating mathematically productive discussions that are rooted in student thinking. The 5 Practices framework identifies a set of instructional practises that will help teachers achieve high-demand learning objectives by using student work as the launching point for discussions in which important mathematical ideas are brought to the surface, contradictions are exposed and understandings are developed or consolidated.
By giving teachers a road map of things that they can do in advance and during whole-class discussions, these practises have the potential for helping teachers to more effectively orchestrate discussions that are responsive to both students and the discipline.
- Anticipating what students will do - what strategies they will use - in solving a problem
- Monitoring their work as they approach the problem in class
- Selecting students whose strategies are worth discussing in class
- Sequencing those students' presentations to maximise their potential to increase students' learning
- Connecting the strategies and ideas in a way that helps students understand the mathematics learned
Includes a Professional Development Guide.
Number Of Pages:
- ID: 9780873536776
- Saver Delivery: Yes
- 1st Class Delivery: Yes
- Courier Delivery: Yes
- Store Delivery: Yes
Prices are for internet purchases only. Prices and availability in WHSmith Stores may vary significantly
© Copyright 2013 - 2016 WHSmith and its suppliers.
WHSmith High Street Limited Greenbridge Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom, SN3 3LD, VAT GB238 5548 36