When pediatrician Dr. Bob Hamilton's video showing how to soothe a crying infant hit the web, he became a YouTube sensation, garnering over 15 million views in ten days. With 7 Secrets of the Newborn Dr. Hamilton brings parents clear, sensible, warm advice on the first year with baby.
Dr. Hamilton covers topics such as:
* Sleeping (teach them gently to do it themselves)
* Vaccinations (get them, all of them)
* Breast feeding (wonderful for baby, if possible for mom)
* Screen time (don't do it!)
* Eating (let them make a mess)
* Crying (the famous "hold")
* Clothes (completely optional for the first six months)
* Toys (simple and cheap are best)
Dr. Hamilton brings 30 years' experience as a pediatrician, father, and grandfather to the page. His advice is science-based, slightly retro, and strives for a supportive and healthy growing environment for babies AND parents. With Dr. Bob, parents will be prepared to face baby's first year with common sense, confidence, and calm.
ROBERT C. HAMILTON, M.D., has been a pediatrician for more than thirty years and is the founder of Pacific Ocean Pediatrics in Santa Monica, California. In 1998, Dr. Hamilton started Lighthouse Medical Missions and has led more than thirty medical mission teams to Africa and Central America. Dr. Hamilton and his wife, Leslie, are the proud parents of six children and delighted grandparents of seven grandchildren.