A Companion to Byzantium: (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
Liz James (Contributor)
Using new methodological and theoretical approaches, A Companionto Byzantium presents an overview of the Byzantine world fromits inception in 330 A.D. to its fall to the Ottoman Turks in 1453. * Provides an accessible overview of eleven centuries ofByzantine society * Introduces the most recent scholarship that is transforming thefield of Byzantine studies * Emphasizes Byzantium's social and cultural history, as well asits material culture * Explores traditional topics and themes through freshperspectives
About the Author
Liz James is Professor of Art History at the University of Sussex. Her books include Light and Colour in Byzantine Art (1996) and Empresses and Power in Early Byzantium (2001).
- Contributor: Liz James
- Imprint: Wiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- ISBN13: 9781405126540
- Number of Pages: 482
- Packaged Dimensions: 170x244x27mm
- Packaged Weight: 889
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Release Date: 2010-04-09
- Series: Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Liz James is Professor of Art History at the University of Sussex. Her books include Light and Colour in Byzantine Art (1996) and Empresses and Power in Early Byzantium (2001).
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.