A Concise Companion to the Restoration and Eighteenth Century: (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)
Cynthia Wall (Contributor)
Available / dispatched within 1 - 4 weeks
This Concise Companion presents fresh perspectives on eighteenth--century literature. * Contributes to current debates in the field on subjects such as the public sphere, travel and exploration, scientific rhetoric, gender and the book trade, and historical versus literary perceptions of life on London streets. * Searches out connections between the remarkable number of new genres that appeared in the eighteenth century. * Crosses conventional disciplinary lines. * Demonstrates that philosophy, history, politics and social theory both influence and are influenced by literature.
About the Author
Cynthia Wall is Associate Professor of English at the University of Virginia. She is the author of The Literary and Cultural Spaces of Restoration London (1998) and an editor of Pope and Defoe.
- Contributor: Cynthia Wall
- Imprint: Wiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- ISBN13: 9781405101172
- Number of Pages: 300
- Packaged Dimensions: 165x241x22mm
- Packaged Weight: 612
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Release Date: 2004-12-02
- Series: Concise Companions to Literature and Culture
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Cynthia Wall is Associate Professor of English at the University of Virginia. She is the author of The Literary and Cultural Spaces of Restoration London (1998) and an editor of Pope and Defoe.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.