This catalogue, which accompanied an exhibition held at the Grolier Club, argues for a broad description of science fiction that encompasses fantasy and horror. Beginning with the origins of science fiction during the Gothic Period, Henry Wessells contemplates such topics as the end of the world (and after), imaginary voyages, dystopia, women authors, literary innovation, humor, the Sixties, rock and roll, cyberpunk, and steampunk, as well as current trends in science fiction and the fantastic. color plates and halftones CPSIA choking or other US hazard warning -No California Proposition 65 hazard warning necessary
About the Author
Henry Wessells is an antiquarian bookseller in New York City. John Crowley is the author of Little, Big, which received the World Fantasy Award for Best Novel.
- Contributor: Henry Wessells
- Imprint: Grolier Club of New York
- ISBN13: 9780996135948
- Number of Pages: 288
- Packaged Dimensions: 152x229x23mm
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Grolier Club of New York
- Release Date: 2018-07-15
- Binding: Paperback / softback
- Biography: Henry Wessells is an antiquarian bookseller in New York City. John Crowley is the author of Little, Big, which received the World Fantasy Award for Best Novel.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.