A Grand Tour of the Roman Empire by Marcus Sidonius Falx: (The Marcus Sidonius Falx Trilogy Main)
Jerry Toner (Author)
'Toner again spins a tale that is enjoyable and informative.' The Times Tour the Roman Empire at its height with Marcus Sidonius Falx and his amanuensis, Dr Jerry Toner. Travelling east, Falx explores the great cultural centre of Athens before trekking into rural Asia (or Turkey as we know it), past the already ancient Luxor monuments in Roman Egypt, and by the Great Library of Alexandria. Travelling west across the breadbasket of the Empire, he journeys through Gaul (France) before crossing to Britannia, where he suffers the worst that provincial life has to offer. Falx provides practical advice on surviving all things travel: from pirates and shipwrecks to bedbugs and lousy food. Even the most sedentary reader will feel they have experienced life in the Empire first-hand.
Also available on eBook for £9.39. Click here to purchase from Rakuten Kobo
About the Author
Marcus Sidonius Falx is a Roman of noble birth. To help make his book accessible for a non-Roman audience, he has employed the services of Dr Jerry Toner, Fellow and Director of Studies in Classics, Churchill College, Cambridge University. Toner has also co-written How to Manage Your Slaves and Infamy.
- Contributor: Jerry Toner
- Imprint: Profile Books Ltd
- ISBN13: 9781781255759
- Number of Pages: 304
- Packaged Dimensions: 140x218x34mm
- Packaged Weight: 480
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: Profile Books Ltd
- Release Date: 2022-02-03
- Series: The Marcus Sidonius Falx Trilogy
- Binding: Hardback
- Biography: Marcus Sidonius Falx is a Roman of noble birth. To help make his book accessible for a non-Roman audience, he has employed the services of Dr Jerry Toner, Fellow and Director of Studies in Classics, Churchill College, Cambridge University. Toner has also co-written How to Manage Your Slaves and Infamy.
We hope you are delighted with everything you buy from us. However, if you are not, we will refund or replace your order up to 30 days after purchase. Terms and exclusions apply; find out more from our Returns and Refunds Policy.